May 8, 2012

I'm a Barbie girl in a.... Human world

I came across this quite disturbing discovery today. A Russian, Valeria Lukyanova, girl has turned herself into a real life Barbie Doll, undergoing hundreds and hundreds of surgeries (including removal of rib bones to decrease the waist line). Now, I ask myself, what is this world coming to? Is this the ideal of beauty future generations should be growing to? Being fake and plastic, and I mean, actual plastic? I played with Barbies when I was a little girl but never in my mind did I ever think "I will "re-build" my whole body to look like you Barbie doll!!" I might have wished to have her long legs and tiny waist but all girls wish to look different and Barbie, certainly is not an ideal that should be taken into real life... This woman is now making little girls believe that yes they can get "leg extension", "Ribs removal", "fake eyes" and look like their childhood idol and make this feel like it's OK, it's really not. Girls should be taught to embrace their own beauty no matter how long their legs are or how small or big their waist line is; people are so much more than just measurements.



7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Apparently it is, it's been on many news around the internet. Then again they say many things on the internet which aren't true...! But I found her blog here (http://www.amatue21.com/index.php?cstart=6&) as well and it seems to be that she does exist!

      Delete
  2. That's sick , mentally & seriously sick !
    she doesn't look beautiful to me at all !

    N@NY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. barbie doll,ho is like a dream,to me shes so vanisha sexy.HOT,HOTY,VERY SEXY TO ME....IM LITTEL JOE LIGHTBOY,SINGER AND COMPOSER, LIL JOE,LILE JOE S.O.L. I WISH I WAS HOLDING HER CLOSE LIKE A GUITAR IN THE DRUM CIRCLE ON HIPPY HILL IN GOLDEN GATE PARK....BUT WHO WAS THAT?CAME TO MIND...LOL WANNA DATE BUT IM 57 YEARS OLD AND SEXY STREET PERSON...LOL

      Delete
  3. NO I HAVE NEVER SENN YOU IN PERSON....IF THIS IS YOU.....EXCUSE ME IM JUST A NICE COMPUTER WIZE....BUT IF YOUR INTRESTED IM LITTEL JOE,A MAHRIA CARRY FAN AND j.olivero@mail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. j.olivero@mail.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! If you have followed me let me know and leave your link so I can follow back :)
Ciao!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...